Fork me on GitHub
Subscribe to RSS Feed

Kit Plummer
Software Engineer :: Techitect :: Evangelist
kitplummer@gmail.com
kitplummer (AIM,Yahoo!IM,Gtalk,Skype)

To the top »

Please share:

Well…it has been a while since I’ve had a chance to do anything with Ruby, which sucked. I’d figured I start with upgrading Ruby itself since the version I’ve installed (default) is 1.8.6. But, since 1.8.7 is the current (all the dev must be going into 1.9+) I figured updating RubyGems and all of my gems would be the best place to start.

I instantly hit a wall with ‘gem update —system’ or even ‘gem update’.

But thanks to the Internet and people hitting this problem many months back I found solutions:

Merbivore was killing me first, solution found here

Then, I ran into an issue with an older version of RubyGems itself. Found a decent blog here describing the steps to resolve – upgrading RubyGems to 1.3.1.

Phew…I’d have hated to have had to figure it out myself. On to playing with RSS feed parsing.


Please comment:
blog comments powered by Disqus