I’ve got a new ambition: a Tucson software development/engineering symposium. Right now, I’m thinking September or October.
I’ve got some good role model events:
So, here’s a few of my thoughts.
- a single day event
- run on Saturday
- start at 8:30
- sessions end at 3
- central to town (u of a?)
- rest of day social/hack sessions
- 15-18, 30 minutes sessions in two tracks
- cover “hot” topics (rails/grails, agile, tdd/bdd, open sourcing, ruby/python, robotics)
- get sponsorship from raytheon, intuit, ventana, arizona center for innovation, ibm, saic, etc.
- limit attendee seats to 200
- cost at ~$100
- all proceeds go to building a computer science/software engineering summer camp for kids.
Please comment: blog comments powered by Disqus